Friday 17 November 2017

BISHOP OLUWASEYE ODUWALE BEAT ME UP IN HIS CHURCH ~ O' Kemi Drummer

She is a popular Nigerian musician, a song writer, performer and a drummer of the African Talking Drum. She is known as Kemi Drummer. She bares her mind on her experience with the G.O. of The Living Christ Evangelical Ministry, who she alleged ordered his worker to beat her up in his church compound. Here is how she narrates the story in her own words:



On Tuesday, July 19, 2016, I was physically harassed and beaten up by the driver of the general overseer of the Living Christ's Evangelical Ministries (LICEM) Victory District, under his instructions.

The name of this general overseer is Bishop OLUWASEYE ODUWALE, for which the address of the headquarters of this church is at 22, Adebola Adenusi Street, Shasha, Akowonjo, Lagos.

Present at the violation of my being are; his wife, pastor Toyin Oduwale; his resident pastor, pastor Joseph Bala his wife; mummy Mophet and my first son, Oluwademilade Adetula.

My first son has been threatened by his father, ADEWALE Adetula, who is my ex-husband and one of the pastors of LICEM not to say that he is a witness, else, he will not continue his responsibilities to him as a father.

On this day, my second and third son and I came back from their school's prize giving day.

I gave them lunch and told my house boy, Femi Agbelese (23 years old) that he would accompany me to my office/studio to help me clean up once my eldest son gets back from school, who would then look after his brothers whilst we were away.
Bishop OLUWASEYE ODUWALE and Wife


Femi said that he was not going to accompany me because his duties did not extend beyond the home. I was angry. So how am I going to pay you? This is about the fourth time time that we would clean my office together.

He had become stubborn since my husband, Adewale, who brought him, moved out of our home since Sunday, 8th of May, 2016.

He remained adamant that he would not accompany me to my office and that I had to pay him what I was owing him. I told him to call his master to come and pay him his money since he was the one paying him before and if I had to pay him, it had to be from from May when his master left the house. He started to argue with me that I must pay him from January.

So, I told Femi Agbelese to go get his stuff and get out of my house. He kept telling me that he would not go until he saw ADEWALE.

My second and third boys were watching in disappointment how Femi was being rude to me. I did not know where my phone was because I wanted to call the resident pastor, Bala, to come and get Femi out of my sight.

So, I told Oluwaferanmi, my second son to go and get me the pastor. At that time, we lived at 19, Adebola Adenusi, Shasha, on the same street as the church.

Soon, Pastor Bala came to get Femi out of my apartment. He told him to pack all his stuff and follow him to the church. My first son, who had now come back from school, helped him to carry some of his things to the church.

When they left, I started to look for my phone. I could not find it. All that was on my mind was maybe Femi had taken my phone as replacement for his money that we were arguing about.

So, I went to the church to alert them that I was looking for my phone.

Pastor Bala and everyone there started to call my phone. Pastor Toyin then came to ask what the matter was.

I summarized the matter to her. Then, I went back home to check for the phone again as it was still ringing. Femi was asked by Pastor Bala if he was with my phone. He said that he was not with my phone.

So, I went back home to look for my phone. I gave Oluwademilade's phone to Oluwaferanmi to keep calling my number whilst Subomi, my last born and I went to check the three rooms, the kitchen, bathroom, etc. We did not hear any phone ring.

So, I went back to the church to make another alert that I had not yet found my phone. At this time Oluwaseye Oduwale was now in the church or maybe he was there before but I did not see him.

So, when I saw him. I went to greet him and told him that I was looking for my phone and that I wanted to be sure that Femi did not take it.

Then he started shouting at me, "Nobody took your phone o! Don't let me see you inside this compound again looking for any phone."


So, I looked at him closely and said, "If I cannot come into this compound anymore, then my boys can never come to this church again. Shebi, you have hypnotised my husband and put him under your armpit! I have still not found my phone and instead of you to help me with that, you are telling me not to come here again. It is not fair sir!"

Then he told his driver to carry me of the church compound and to beat me if I did not comply. Which Kayode did.

Some young boys in their teens where passing by. And one of them said, "How can you be doing this to a woman! Inside a church for that matter!"

And Kayode told the boys to mind their business that he was only acting on the instruction of his boss.

All the passersby were screaming for him to stop but he did not. My clothes were torn. I was sad.

Then the woman selling drinks in front of the house opposite the church, mama Ibeji told me to please, go home, maybe I would find the phone at home.

My first son came out to meet me and we went home. When we got home, he went to the kitchen and checked everywhere. He found my phone under a pile of hand towels in the kitchen. My phone was in silence mode. I did no put it in silence mode because before the argument with Femi, I was playing songs on my phone and my boys were dancing. There was no power supply.

It seemed obvious Femi wanted to steal my phone. What was it doing under a pile of hand towels?!

I told Adewale about it and as usual, he said nothing.

I wanted to go to the police station but I was too weak to walk there or do any other thing.

I made a report at a women affairs NGO the next day but I could not follow up because I had sunk into depression and it got worse after my children went on holidays at his mother's place.

After a while, it seemed as if I had forgotten what happened. I began to have nightmares about this GO pursuing y dreams asking for my brain and then everything went blank and I was rushed to the emergency unit of LASUTH by my parents and when I did not get get any better, I was rushed to the Neuro-Psychiatric hospital at Aro, Abeokuta. I became very forgetful and I forgot everything.

I am a lot better now and I can remember everything that happened like it was today.

I even sent a message to Aunty Sola Alamutu but she did not reply me.

O'Kemi Drummer - Victim of Violence against Women


And then I wanted to die because my husband, pastor and a PR executive at FAAN, also filed for divorce and took away the boys and my life went crashing down.

I was diagnosed for chronic depression and I would have died if not for my parents who took care of me and because I am truly trying to stay alive for my children.

Now, I want justice for what Oluwaseye Oduwale, the general overseer of LICEM did to me.

ADEWALE Adetula, you are also inclusive for all the physical, emotional, financial, spiritual and mental violence on me throughout our fourteen years of marriage.

These fourteen years of marriage have been the worst years of my entire life. ADEWALE, I took you from rags to riches and you pay me back with wickedness. You will die a pauper. Bastard! I regret the day that I met you.

You abducted my children three times and finally took them away July, 2016. I want my boys back, you son of a bitch.

I am ready for you all now! Bastards!

Please share. I need justice. Human rights lawyers, please come to my aid.
--------------------------
Editor: We will do our best to reach the Pastor for his own version of the story. 

No comments: