Saturday 22 March 2014

PASTOR TUNDE BAKARE: WHAT MANY CHRISTIANS DON'T KNOW ABOUT HIM

 He has a Muslim background. Many of his friends and relatives are still Muslims.  He is the General Overseer of Later Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare. 

His revelation came after he was accused of harbouring hatred for Islam after he challenged Justice Kutigi not to use arabic to start the on going National Conference, as the chair:  “Mr. Chairman, yesterday you said something at the inauguration of the Conference and I did not understand. Today again, you said it. I think you should pray in the way all of us understand because if I stand up and say, ‘Praise the Lord somebody,’ we will turn this place into a church service.”
Here are his words on his Muslim connections:



“If I hate Muslims, I would not have accepted to be a running mate to a Muslim in the last presidential election. I was born and raised a Muslim. I’m well versed in the Quoran having graduated from Islamic school on April 16, 1967.

“Many of my relatives are still Muslims. My older cousin was recently made the Are Adinni Musulumi of Egbaland and my family was well represented at the ceremony.

“I have no Islamophobia of any kind. Even in my businesses, I employ Muslims and non-Muslims and even those who don’t believe. I was born in the South but raised in Sokoto. My father was known as Sani Arewa and that is what is written on his tombstone. My uncle was Sarki Yoruba in the Sultan’s palace.

“So, you can see that I’m in no position to hate Muslims. All I’m saying is that we should be fair to one another. God created only one race. And that is the human race. We should not let religion or tribes to divide us.”

No comments: