Saturday 7 December 2019

TALK SPORT: ANTHONY JOSHUA BEATS RUIZ JR

AJ WINS by unanimous decision with beautiful boxing performance to regain heavyweight world titles.

Following the Mexican-American’s stunning upset on June 1 in New York, the Brit activated an immediate rematch clause and boxed beautifully from start to finish in a masterclass performance to win back his WBA,IBF & WBO belts.



 The scorecards were read out and declared Anthony Joshua as the two-time unified heavyweight world champion: 118-110, 118-110, 119-109.

After the fight Anthony Joshua said
“Man the first time was so nice, I had to do it twice.
“A man like me don’t make no excuses, this is about boxing. Last time I realised I hurt the man and got caught coming in.
“I said to myself I’m gonna correct myself and come again.
“I just wanted to put on a great boxing masterclass and also show the sweet science of this lovely sport. It’s about hitting and not getting hit.
“Never a change in mentality, you know the saying. Stay hungry, stay humble.
“It’s all about preparation. Careers are all about experience. it’s just about creating great memories.
“I took my L and came back. Without a doubt [I’d do it again].


 Ruiz Jr added: “I want the third fight.
“It was his night man. I didn’t prepare how I should’ve and I gained too much weight
“If we do the third, best believe I’m gonna get in the f***ing best shape of my life.”

3 comments:

Stella Idika said...

Good one...

Unknown said...

Good brother AJ more blessings brother higher you go man all the best

Unknown said...

Good brother AJ more blessings brother higher you go man all the best